Hi there, this blog is pretty late, but I totally forgot that I hadn’t made any lately.
Well, things are very nice over here. I still enjoy the host family I live with, their sons are very fun, and I enjoy having them as my brothers, now that I miss my own brothers back from Denmark. The family is very nice and I think that this is a very important thing for me. Having a nice family, with friendly people really makes everything a lot easier. This gives me a secure base, and it feels like a real family.
School’s great as well, I’m a little mixed about these tutoring lessons we have each morning. I’m a little lazy myself J - so I enjoy having a lot of time to do my homework, so I don’t really have to spend my afternoons and evenings on homework. But on the other hand, we have so much time in the mornings, that I usually end up watching series like “How I met your mother” or something like that. It feels like waste of time sometimes. We have the whole morning, and there isn’t really any homework to do. And after lunch we have a lot of lessons, and the day can be as long as ‘till 4:30 PM. And with approximate 1½ hour spent time travelling for me to get home, the day feels like it’s almost over when I get home. I would love to move some of our teaching to our tutoring lessons. Other than that, our teachers are really great. They’re all very skilled, and seem to have a passion for teaching. One thing that have bothered me a little, is that there seems to have been a lack of communication between our physic professor Amit Sharma and Michael in Denmark. It feels like we’ve been repeating stuff we did in the last month before we got over here. And it’s good to get the basics, before we step into more advanced Physics. But spending a few weeks purely on repetition is a little, well.. Wasting our time.
But the time over here is really great, and I enjoy it. Tho, I seem to lack imagination to write anything else than the basics of whats going on J
Sorry about the frustrations! Hopefully the physics thing has been worked out by now!!!!
SvarSletAnd about the tutoring time--we were unsure how to structure that time as this is the first Seattle adventure! :-) But the feedback we get from you guys will help us plan the next group's time a bit better.....