Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.5
søndag den 28. november 2010
Sleepless in Seattle
Hmm, quite a few people planned not to sleep between Saturday and Sunday to try to avoid jetlag. I didn't plan to, but here I am, unable to fall to sleep. I guess it's part excitement about going home and the crazy amount of coffee I had this afternoon, but as I've been thinking tonight it's also the fact that I'm really really gonna miss my host family, and I'm gonna miss Usa. I've really had a great experience over here. I've experienced many things, and I've gotten to know new sides of myself. And well, I've gotten to a point where I seriously consider studying abroad. Taking University somewhere else than in Denmark as I've always planned. Who knows? I still got time before I have to make a decision.. After 2 months in seattle, my thoughts are more or less only in english, once in a while when I talk Danish, then I think in Danish. But the other night when I went to a Family party on the harjo side of the family and met some of the old people who spoke norwegian I had to really think when I wanted to phrase something in danish for them.. I guess that's a good way to describe how big an influence the language have been. But, I'm gonna miss seattle and my host family and would love to come back and visit them.
Abonner på:
Kommentarer til indlægget (Atom)
WOW! I did not expect to read something like this! What an awesome idea to consider studying abroad after the gymnasium!! IT really does open up a whole other world to you!!! And it does make us better, more open-minded people!!!
SvarSletHopefully you will keep in touch with your host family after you are back in DK!